Energy drinks are frequently marketed as items that boost vitality, mental clarity, and physical performance. Energy drinks are among the most common dietary supplement eaten by adolescents and young adults, second only to vitamins and supplements. The majority of best energy drinks consumers are men between the ages of Eighteen and 34, and approximately one-third of teenagers between the ages of 12 and 17 enjoy taking them.
Energy drink items are divided into two distinct categories. One is sold in bottles that are approximately the same size as those of typical soft drinks, like a 16-oz. container. The alternative variety, known as “energy shots,” is sold in tiny canisters containing 2 to 212 ounces of a concentrated solution drink. All kinds of beverages have a significant amount of coffee, which ranges from 70 to 240 milligrams in a 16-oz beverage to 113 to 200 milligrams in an energy drink.
Essential protective issues are raised by drinking energy drinks.
- Power beverage admissions to emergency departments more than quadrupled between 2007 and 2011. One in ten such trips in 2011 ended in hospitalization.
- About 25 percent of university students mix energy drinks with alcohol & they excessively drink very much more frequently than those who do not.
- Those between the ages of Fifteen and 23 who combine energy drinks with alcoholic beverages are 4 times more inclined to engage in heavy drinking binges.
- The likelihood of intoxicated driving or traveling with an inexperienced driver, or suffering wounds from drinking is higher among consumers who combine liquor and caffeinated beverages than among alcoholics who don’t.
- Energy drinks may seriously harm a person’s health, particularly kids, teens, and early adulthood, according to an increasing body of research data.
- There is evidence that energy drinks increase physical stamina, but there is less support for any impact on muscular strength or energy. Sports drinks may increase alertness and speed up reaction speed, but they could also make it harder to keep one’s hands steady.
- The amount of caffeine consumption varies greatly, and it could be difficult to determine how much caffeine is actually there. Although some stimulants are promoted as nutrients, others are sold as drinks. The quantity of coffee must not be mentioned on any type of company’s labeling.